Declaration of Protection of Personal Information
1. Compliance with laws and regulations
IRI is committed to complying with the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information," other regulations and ordinances relating to personal information protection, guidelines issued by the minister in charge, guidelines prescribed by recognized personal information protection bodies, and this declaration of personal information protection.
2. Purpose of use of personal information
IRI will not use personal information acquired from customers for any purpose other than that necessary to achieve the purpose of use, unless customers agree or laws and regulations stipulate otherwise.
IRI uses personal information for the following purposes:
- (1) To collect information for corporate research and analysis and to provide customers with IRI's research/analysis reports based on such information.
- (2) To distribute IRI's monthly or periodical publications, seasonal greeting cards or invitations to customers.
- (3) To maintain proper and smooth relationships with customers.
3. Safeguarding of personal information
IRI will strive to keep customers' personal information accurate and up-to-date and will put in place necessary and appropriate safety measures to protect against the leakage of personal information. IRI will also properly oversee its staff and contractors.
4. Furnishing of personal information to third parties
Other than as specified below, IRI will not furnish personal information to third parties without customers' prior approval:
- (1) When required by laws and regulations.
- (2) When necessary to protect life, persons or property and it is difficult to obtain customer approval.
- (3) When required from the point of view of public health promotion or healthy rearing of children and it is difficult to obtain customer approval.
- (4) When required to cooperate with governmental or municipal bodies for their performance of duties under laws and regulations and obtaining customer approval may hinder such performance.
- (5) When entrusting the handling of personal information in whole or in part to a third party to the extent necessary for achieving the purpose of use of personal information.
- (6) When jointly using personal information with a third party in compliance with this declaration.
5. Joint use of personal information
IRI may jointly use personal information in the following manner.
(1) Items of personal information to be jointly used:
- (i) Names, addresses, phone numbers, birth dates, transaction needs, and other customer information.
- (ii) Information concerning individual customer transactions.
(2) Entities with whom IRI may jointly use personal information:
Ichiyoshi Securities Co., Ltd. ("Ichiyoshi"), Ichiyoshi's consolidated subsidiaries, and Ichiyoshi's affiliates to which the equity-method of accounting is applied (together the "Ichiyoshi Group").
(3) Purposes of jointly using personal information:
- (i) To make proposals, inform, conduct surveys, and perform research and development regarding financial products and services.
- (ii) To enhance the Ichiyoshi Group's management and internal control in a proper manner, subject to laws and regulations.
(4) Name of entity responsible for safeguarding personal information within the Ichiyoshi Group:
Ichiyoshi Securities Co., Ltd.
6. Constant improvement of this declaration
To ensure the proper treatment of customers' personal information, IRI will constantly review and improve on this declaration.
7. Procedures for requesting disclosure, etc.
In the event that any customer makes a request for disclosure, correction, withdrawal or stoppage of use of his/her/its personal information, IRI will work promptly to comply with such request upon confirming the customer's identity.
8. Customer inquiries
If any customer has any inquiry as to personal information, IRI will work to promptly answer such inquiry. Please contact the following entity with inquiries.
Ichiyoshi Research Institute Inc.
1-5-1, Hatchobori, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0032
Phone: (+81) 3-3555-6961
(Open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)